Nathan Blackham wrote:
I am using FreeRadius1.0.0Pre3.
I am having a problem trying to get my user to authenticate.  It seems
as though everything is working right but the user is not being
authenticated.  The debug shows that the password is the same as the
ntpassword from the LDAP server but it is not working.  Here is a
portion of the debug log file:

modcall: group authorize returns updated for request 6
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type LDAP
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type EAP
Warning:  Found 2 auth-types on request for user 'nhb5'
auth: type "EAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group authenticate for request 6
  rlm_eap: Request found, released from the list
  rlm_eap: EAP/mschapv2
  rlm_eap: processing type mschapv2
  ERROR: Unknown value specified for Auth-Type.  Cannot perform

authenticate {
        eap
}

You appear to be missing MS-CHAP as an authentication type.