Hello,

>Christian Balzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And now the broken one. The record for that user is in the same users
>> file as the previous one, of course.
>>   modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns notfound for request 1
>
>  Nope, it's not.

Yes, it quite is. Same file, works fine with 0.9.3.

>> auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
>> Rejecting the user
>
>  That's the problem.
>
>> So what the heck does:
>>
>> radius_xlat:  'v2004-09-01-17.30.00.000000cRb8C'
>>
>> tell me and how do I fix this???
>
>  It means you're using dynamic expansion.  See doc/variables.txt.
>
>  And you don't fix that.

Well, it turns out that I rather would like to fix that.
As in, I looked into doc/variables.txt. From that I gathered only
things within backticks would cause that in a users file. Replaced all
4 occurrences of that, no joy. Took a walk on the wild side and replaced
all % (only appearing in passwords) with =.

That DID the trick.

And of course is not quite feasible and acceptable, having a few ten
thousand users with a % in their password. I was suspecting % for a
moment earlier, but _some_ users with that in their PW worked, most likely
because they didn't match the expansion variable list.
So how do I get the 0.9.3 behavior for the users file back, is there some
config option to suppress this expansion?

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services