Alan wrote:
>Christian Balzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> And of course is not quite feasible and acceptable, having a few ten
>> thousand users with a % in their password. I was suspecting % for a
>> moment earlier, but _some_ users with that in their PW worked, most likely
>> because they didn't match the expansion variable list.
>> So how do I get the 0.9.3 behavior for the users file back, is there some
>> config option to suppress this expansion?
>
>  Put the passwords into single-quoted strings:
>
>user  User-Password == '%u'

Which of course breaks (at the import/parse stage) the moment you hit the
first user who has a single-quote in their password (large number of them
here as well).

So just for the record:

1. Between 0.9.3 and 1.0.0 the way that "%" are parsed within a users file
(cistron compat or not) has changed, variable expansion is always on.

2. There is currently no way to get the previous behavior back in a 100%
compatible way (let alone that rewriting the quoting as suggested would
require quite more effort than some global config option somewhere).

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services