Hi,

I know there're at least 10 ways to do this but wonder which is the best
one, so I ask.
I'm (still) in the process of replacing a Cisco ACS with freeradius on
debian woody with a mysql-backend.
The dial-up-part with static users is done & running great; thanks for
freeradius !

Anyway, I've also RSA ACE SecurID users in my ACS which I need to send
to the ACE-server (speaking RADIUS) for authentication; this also works
fine with a realm (@ace) for testing but my problem is, that this means
telling several hundred users to append @ace to their username.

Now, thinking about two ways:
1. Proxy-To-Realm based on Huntgroup, disadavantage:
- not database driven
- I remember to have read from Alan that Proxy-To-Realm is not
recommended somehow
- getting quite complicated, I need to implement complex
NAS/Client/Port-restrictions which I'd prefer to be done in freeradius
with checkval's from the database (it'd be no problem to import
ACE-users into radius-tables)
2. using a separte AUTH-TYPE but I haven't completely understood how to
implement this

anybody with a great hint on how to solve this the most flexible way ?
the ACE-server running it's own crappy but working Radius should be
limited to authenticate user/passcode only, any checks and replys should
get filled by freeradius - preferably database driven..

TIA

Michael

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html