> it's preferable to use the integer values instead of ASCII strings.
> So for the switching VLAN, I create a local VLAN on Cisco
> Aironet with a
> speficied SSID. The user configuration questions this SSID
> and according to
> the user, this one is switched in the VLAN defines in
> configuration file.
> If I'm not enough "clear" does not hesitate to say it ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Lionel.

Hello Lionel,

thanks a lot for your help.

To be honest, I didn't really understood your second mail at first sight but
the first one was clear enough to help me a lot !
You were right, it works with the integer value. However, it's quite strange
because in both cases (integer value or ASCII strings in the user file), the
debug shows me that freeradius sends the same elements (ASCII strings) to
the AP :

        Tunnel-Type:0 = VLAN
        Tunnel-Medium-Type:0 = IEEE-802
        Tunnel-Private-Group-Id:0 = "10"

To be sure,I tried again with the ASCII value in the user file and it
worked.

I think I was confused because after authentication, Windows says "you're
connected to VLAN30" (which was the SSID I entered in the windows
properties) but when I check on the AP (association) I'm in the VLAN10, the
one Freeradius sends back to the AP.

To resume, I think it works both with the integer or the ASCII value.

Thank you and Alan for answering me.

Jean-Marie

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html