From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alan
DeKok
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2004 3:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: stupid question

> "Man Users" - What does that mean?  Manually added users?

  It means read the documentation for the "users" file in the system
"man" pages.

  Try typing "man users" on a command-line, and picking up an "intro
to Unix" book.  If you don't know what man pages are, you're missing a
LOT of the available documentation.

> I asked about the order that it looks at the tables because I thought that
> "radcheck" was for validation only.  However George's reply indicated that
> should put Auth-Type in "radcheck" - but to my current way of thinking
> "Auth-Type" is a a reply-type thing, not a validation-type thing...

  You cna think that way if you want, but that doesn't change how the
server works.

> after I put the "Auth-Type" entry into "radcheck" (it's the only
"Auth-Type"
> entry in the whole database" I still get the following warning (2 auth
> types)in the debug screen:

  So read the rest of the debug log to see what else is going on.

> So is there no precise breakdown of which types of attributes (as in the
> users file on page 84 of the oreilly book) go in which SQL table and the
> order in which the tables are checked, including error conditions?

  No.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html