"Brian Ammons" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  You sent me a private message, I sent you a private response.
Posting that response publicly is bad netiquette.

> i do know what man pages are, I did set all of this up myself.  I'm new (6
> months) to Linux but I'm able to figure stuff out with just a push in the
> right direction...you could have said "RTFM" and I would have gotten the
> hint. typing "man users" doesn't bring up anything about radius, it's about
> the "users" command, which reports who's logged into the system.

  So... I did say "RTFM", but not in a way which led you immediately
to the exact solution.  Your response was not to say that typing "man
users" got you the wrong "man" page, but that you didn't know what I
meant by "man users".

  Now you say you DO know what "man users" means.  I hate being lied to.

  And you're asking me to do something I did: tell you to RTFM.  But
for personal reasons, you decided that you didn't like my RTFM
response, and you're getting angry at me, that I should should have
told you "RTFM".

  My acronym in response is: WTF?

> "that doesn't change how the server works" - that's not very helpful,
> sorry - my whole question was about how the server works becuase I DON'T
> understand it and (sorry if I'm being repetitive) I was asking if there was
> anywhere else I could look for enlightenment.  I guess the answer is "no".

  In the post:

http://lists.freeradius.org/pipermail/freeradius-users/2004-September/036699.html

  I already told you there wasn't much in the way of documentation of
server internals.  Now you "guess" that the answer is "no".  I fail to
see why you have to guess when I already told you the answer.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html