"Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andreas Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > If I enable accounting in acct_users
> > DEFAULT Acct-Status-Type == Start
> > DEFAULT Acct-Status-Type == Stop
>
>   That doesn't enable accounting.   It doesn't do anything.
>
>   Accounting is enabled by default.

ah, didn't know that.

> > I then made an entry in radiusd.conf:
> > listen {
> >        ipaddr = *
> >        port = 1646
>
>   Why not just edit the "port" directive?  Set "port=1645", and
> accounting will use "1646".

OK, this works. Unfortunatly I get this double entries from the client.

> > When I now do a radlogin I get some duplicate entries:
>
>   From the client.  I suggest asking the people who wrote the client
> what's going wrong with their client.

urgl, ok I'll see what I can do.

> > Why is that so? I tried changing the ports in /etc/services without
> > success. Is there another way to tell freeradius to take port 1813
> > for accounting?
>
>   Do you want 1646 or 1813?

I wanted to use ports 1812 and 1813. If I set port=0 in radiusd.conf, radacct
wants to connect to 1646 although I edited /etc/services to use 1813 for
radius-acct. Same when I set port=1812, radacct wants to connect to 1646.

So I guess the only solution for using accouting is using the old ports.

--
   Andreas Meyer

"We only do well the things we like doing." - Colette