Thanks,

I have to leave, but the quick and last test I did with your advice, gave me bad results. See tomorrow..
Using radtest, I don't get any IP, and there is very little doc about ippool and the way it works.

I suppose that the NAS is completely relying on radius for IP delivery. I'm wondering what happen in case of the failure of the main radius server.

Dom

Dustin Doris a écrit :
Hello all,

I've spent quite a long time trying to understand how freeradius works
and trying to get everything I want working.
I am using Openldap since 2001 and I've no problems to understand LDAP
as I wrote many programs around LDAP. In fact I don't understand how
groups are working under radius.

My aim: I would like to distribute different IP pool for users.

The best for me: In the users DN, we already have an attribute for a
laboratory, ie u2labo
I would like to say:
1. authenticate the user in ldap (works ok)
2. Get the attribute u2labo
3 use that value to get the ip range (somewhere even outside ldap
(users)) to distribute the IP.

I've tried many configurations without success. The debugging of ldap
show me just bind successfull without search for  groups. I tried to
add  radiusprofile Objectclass without success. So what  is the meaning
of groups in radius?.
can we say:
user fred  attributes XXX member of group test
group test the rest of attributes.

Could you give me the minimum to set in conf files to get it working?

Thanks

Dom

You can modify the groupname attribute to be the lab attribute and then
use that to hand out the pools.

So in radiusd.conf in the ldap section, change groupname_attribute to
groupname_attribute = laboratory (or whatever that attribute name is)

Then you create an ippool config for each lab.  Say you have one called
u2labo and one called u3labo.

ipppol u2labo {
  configure this...
}

ipppol u3labo {
  configure this...
}

Then in the users file, you add something like this

DEFAULT	Ldap-Group == u2labo, Pool-Name := "u2labo"
	Fall-Through = no

DEFAULT Ldap-Group == u3labo, Pool-Name := "u3labo"
	Fall-Through = no

I think that should do it.

-Dusty Doris

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

--
Dominique LALOT
Ingénieur Système Réseau CISCAM Pole Réseau