On Saturday 04 December 2004 14:33, Panagiotis Mavros wrote:

> AP and freeradius use EAP over Radius when i configure the AP to use
> WPA-Radius authentication ?I dont get it.

Check the documentation on the AP to be sure, but that's usually the way it
is.

> I have windows XP as client , WRT54G as AP and freeradius as AAA server. I
> want to use 8021X authentication with EAP. The AP gives me WAP-radius with
> TKIP or AES. XP client  supports WPA. What about freeradius?What
> authentication scheme must i use in radius conf? EAP?
> Soory to bother you but i am very confused

You will use EAP-TLS, MSCHAP, PEAP and MSCHPv2 in the radiusd.conf, WPA TKIP
(or AES) on the AP, and WPA TKIP (or AES) along with PEAP and MSCHAPv2 on the
XP supplicant.

This link is on freeradius.org. It explains it much better than I am able. The
supplicant is linux but everything works the same.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/index.html

Regards,
Zoltan

-