Yes, you've missed something. Read the documentation of the AP and freeradius.
Freeradius works fine for this and will most likely work immediately upon
install after only some very small configuration.
Whether you use WPA AES or TKIP is between your AP and supplicant. Radius
doesn't care about that.

AP and freeradius use EAP over Radius when i configure the AP to use WPA-Radius authentication ?I dont get it.
I have windows XP as client , WRT54G as AP and freeradius as AAA server. I want to use 8021X authentication with EAP. The AP gives me WAP-radius with TKIP or AES. XP client supports WPA. What about freeradius?What authentication scheme must i use in radius conf? EAP?
Soory to bother you but i am very confused