Greetings list,

I have finally been able to upgrade my secondary freeradius server to 2.1.3 and I must commend everyone on their hard work, the changes are great :)

I am having some trouble but would like to clarify my understanding before posting all my problem details in case I have misunderstood something. My question is independent of server or platform version and addresses the fundamental mechanics of the relaying process.

I am using a virtual server setup to proxy accounting requests between 2 servers for mirroring purposes.

As I understand the process server 1 receives an accounting request, which it will process according to its accounting section (in my case inserted into a table via the sql module). If successful, it will then proxy the request to server 2, which will also process it according to its own accounting section. Server 2 will then attempt to proxy the request to server 1 as per its proxy configuration, but will fail on a duplicate record, which will stop duplication from occuring.

Is my understanding in this correct, that server 1 will send the request to server 2, and server 2 will try to send it to server 1 again but will fail with a duplication error?

Many thanks
Patric
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html