Júlíus Þór Bess Ríkharðsson wrote:
> Alan: The goal is to be able to use EAP and still be able to authorize user
> using LDAP. The objects name is obviously not named realm\user.

  Yes.  Plenty of other people get this to work.

> The behaviour is the same for EAP (just longer output :)), I don't get the
> option of Stripped-User-Name. And when I unset nostrip; User-Name gets
> stripped along with Stripped-User-Name being set and the tunnel doesn't work.

  You've set the request to be proxied.  Why?  What's wrong with just
processing the request in the inner-tunnel virtual server?

  i.e. configure raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel to do LDAP lookups
for the user.

  If you're not sure how the server works, you shouldn't be creating a
complicated configuration.

>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] performing search in DC=innra,DC=umsja,DC=is, with
> filter (sAMAccountName=umsja\5ctest.juliusbess)
>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] rebind to URL
> ldap://DomainDnsZones.innra.umsja.is/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=innra,DC=umsja,DC=is
>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] rebind to URL
> ldap://ForestDnsZones.innra.umsja.is/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=innra,DC=umsja,DC=is
>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] object not found
> [ldap-innra.umsja.is] search failed

   So... what is hard to understand about that?

> Without nostrip:

>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] performing search in DC=innra,DC=umsja,DC=is, with
> filter (sAMAccountName=test.juliusbess)
>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] rebind to URL
> ldap://ForestDnsZones.innra.umsja.is/DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=innra,DC=umsja,DC=is
>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] rebind to URL
> ldap://DomainDnsZones.innra.umsja.is/DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=innra,DC=umsja,DC=is
> [ldap-innra.umsja.is] looking for check items in directory...
>   [ldap-innra.umsja.is] extensionAttribute10 -> Jira-Key == "MEF"
> [ldap-innra.umsja.is] looking for reply items in directory...
> WARNING: No "known good" password was found in LDAP.  Are you sure that the
> user is configured correctly?

  And that should be useful, too.

  You've butchered the default configuration.  Why?  Just... why?

- stsrt with the default configuration

- ensure that LDAP works for non-EAP

- ensure that LDAP works with the inner-tunnel
  use v2.2.0 for this.  Really.  Read raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel

- configure the realm as a LOCAL realm.

- it WILL WORK.

  Whatever you've done is four times the work, more complicated, and
fragile.

  And the LDAP lookups aren't working at *all*.  So even if you fix the
EAP / User-Name issue, the system STILL won't work.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html