On 03/07/2013 18:17, Júlíus Þór Bess Ríkharðsson wrote:

On 03/07/13 16:24, Júlíus Þór Bess Ríkharðsson wrote:
Hi,

For some reason I cannot get Stripped-User-Name attribute to get
populated when using nostrip for a realm. Is this normal
behaviour or am I missing something?

Normal. "nostrip" means "don't populate Stripped-User-Name"

Phil: When I unset nostrip the User-Name attribute gets stripped. So
it made sense to me that nostrip would apply to User-Name but would
still give the option of Stripped-User-Name.

I don't understand this.

The source code is pretty clear:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v2.x.x/src/modules/rlm_realm/rlm_realm.c#L172

The "User-Name" attribute isn't touched; a new Stripped-User-Name attribute is used.

As I said, request->username is updated, but I'm pretty sure nothing much uses this; I'm sure the EAP "identity == username" check doesn't:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v2.x.x/src/modules/rlm_eap/eap.c#L1000

...explicitly compares to User-Name, not Stripped-User-Name.

Have you actually *tried* this, because it should work. If it doesn't, it's likely a problem in your local config.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html