On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 5:30 AM, Otavio Salvador <ota...@ossystems.com.br>wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 03:32, Marc-André Moreau <
> marcandre.mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 1) Pending issues. Are there any *blocking* issues left? The issue tracker
>> keeps growing as people keep testing the stuff faster than we can fix
>> everything, but I don't see anything worth blocking the release. Don't
>> forget that after the stable release we'll be working on bug fix releases
>> as well. Whatever does not get fixed in 1.0 will get fixed in 1.0.1.
>>

> I am sorry but I see many.

Yeah, I can see all those red regression labels as well

However, how many of those regressions should be considered blocking? Could
you build a list of the ones preventing you from using 1.0 in production
yet, so we can prioritize them?

> My products keep using 0.9 due the regressions we have in 1.0.
>

>> 2) Announcement. I will need help to write the gigantic changelog that
>> should describe what has changed in 1.0 when compared to 0.8.2. That's one
>> full year of active development. Maybe we should use the wiki for that?
>>

> Yes. Wiki seems good. We can even have this as default pattern and use it
> to be referenced by we all.

Ok, just created a page:
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/Changelog

When we prepared the changelog 0.8.2 it was great, a lot of people gave
their input.

>> 3) Remmina. I recently worked on switching Remmina to cmake, which I
>> completed. work has been started to update Remmina to make use of 1.0, but
>> there is still a lot of work to be completed before it is back in a
>> working
>> state. Remmina is FreeRDP's sister project and is very important. If you
>> want to help with this your help is more than welcome. It is crucial that
>> Remmina gets updated because a lot of people use FreeRDP with it. Remmina
>> is also going to be included in Ubuntu 12.04 along with FreeRDP, so it's
>> important that we get both of them ready in time.
>>

> Agreed.
>

>> Anything else?
>>

> Fix those regressions we have? We do have many of them.

Agreed. I'd just like to get over the most blocking ones to get 1.0 stable
out, and then fix the rest later in a bug fix release. We've done three
betas already with a lot of bug fixes in each of them, we can't
indefinitely stay in beta.