Hi everyone,

We just merged in the FreeRDP-WebConnect repository [1] all the work that we
did in the Cloudbase fork [2].

There are quite a lot of improvenets, in particular:

        • Lots of bug fixes and browser / platform compatibility improvements
        • Refactoring for integration with the latest FreeRDP bits
        • OpenStack integration with Hyper-V support
        • CMake build system with Windows, Ubuntu, CentOS / Fedora support

A Windows installer is available at [3], built by a jenkins job after every new
commit.
There’s also a temporary wiki page with installation instructions on Ubuntu
12.04 and above [4].

Browser compatibility:

        FireFox >= 11.0
        Chrome >= 16.0
        Internet Explorer >= 10
        Safari >= 6
        Opera >= 12.10
        Safari Mobile >= 6
        Android Browser >= 4.4

Client OS support:

        Windows, OS X, Linux

There’s still a lot of work that needs to be done and we’ll continue releasing
new features and fixes, but we’re already really happy about how far this
project is going.
A huge thank you goes to Fritz Elfert for starting off this project and to
Marc-André and the FreeRDP community as a whole.

Any suggestion, contribution, bug report and testing is going to be highly
appreciated! :-)

In particular I’ll be more than happy to discuss with anybody interested the
design of the upcoming features and the general plans for the project.

Thanks,

Alessandro

P.S.: My IRC nickname is: alexpilotti

[1] https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP-WebConnect