Hi Joseph,

On 27 Jun 2014, at 15:00, Joseph Benraz
<joseph.ben...@gmail.com<mailto:joseph.ben...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the response.

I do not understand why there is NO step by step instructions for build as in
FreeRDP and any other project.

The reasons why we still didn’t pusblish the build instructions are:

1) We just published this code and we had to refactor a few things in the build
process, so providing instructions just to change them in a few days can be
misleading
2) The Casablanca (one of the dependencies) build process changed lately
causing build failures (see issue #53 on github for example) and this needed to
be fixed
3) We want to support as many OSs / distros as possible and in the INSTALL
instructions we need to clearly state where the build works, due to the non
trivial requirements.

We’re going to add build instructions as soon as the above issues are sorted
out.

This should be the first part, if you need others to contribute and help they
should be able AT LEAST to build it.

Next time, what about looking on the open issues on github or asking if there
are blockers? :)

I do not need any installation, I want to be able to compile the code to be
able to debug / change and fix.

And you’re very welcome to do so of course. We’re very happy to accept
contributions and build a solid community around WebConnect.
It’d be great if you could reach out on IRC or other channels to discuss the
plans for this project and its open issues.

I already talked with 5 developers (some with 12 years of exp in c/c++ , unix
and windows), I also toked 3 outsourcing to create an instruction for built,
BUT none succeed!

Suprisingly in the root of the project there are currently 2 scripts for Linux
builds:

sudo ./install_prereqs.sh
./setup-all.sh

Now, true that we still have to provide offical istructions (see reason above),
but those scripts seem quite self explanatory to me, if you want to give it a
shot instead of waiting for the issues above to be fixed.
Windows istructions will follow up as well of course.

Note: just tested those scripts on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS as we added a new batch of
commits that fixed the Casablance issue.

For the rest, since FreeRDP has an official IRC channel beside the ML, can I
ask why you and / or your army of very experienced super-duper devs didn’t try
to reach out and ask for some pointers? :-)

Thanks,

Alessandro

Thanks.
Joseph

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Alessandro Pilotti
<apilo...@cloudbasesolutions.com<mailto:apilo...@cloudbasesolutions.com>> wrote:
Hi Joseph,

On 21 Jun 2014, at 22:47, Joseph Benraz
<joseph.ben...@gmail.com<mailto:joseph.ben...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I successfully compile FreeRDP, thanks.
> I could not find ANY instruction of how to compile web connector :(

We’re putting together an INSTALL file for the project, for the meantime let me
add some brief instructions here:

There are quite a few dependencies involved:

ZLib
LibPNG
OpenSSL
FreeRDP
PThreads-Win32
EHS (https://github.com/cloudbase/EHS.git)

Some notes:

The EHS build is now based on CMake:

cmake . -DTHREADS_PTHREADS_WIN32_LIBRARY=“..."

Same for the FreeRDP-WebConnect build:

cmake . -DTHREADS_PTHREADS_WIN32_LIBRARY=“..." -DEHS_ROOT_DIR=“…”

This should help as a starting point until the INSTALL file is ready, let me
know if it helps!

Thanks,

Alessandro