Hello Dominique.

Thank you very much for your confirmation of the unstable wsgate server issue.

This is why I wrote the E-mail to abstract the attention on this wsgate server
crash issue, because I notice that the contributors of Webconnect-FreeRDP
(wsgate) are NOT aware of this core issue. Unfortunately my software
development experience of C++/Web server is NOT strong enough to fix this
server crash issue caused by EHS server.

I have built the wsgate server (based on EHS server) and Guacamole (based on
Apache Tomcat) server using the original source code.

wsgate server crashes arbitrarily, while Guacamole server can work stably.
However, Guacamole requires administrative-intensive work, while wsgate server
is much more flexible.
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP-WebConnect/issues/24

After I have spent more than one month to read through the source code of both
wsgate and Guacamole very carefully, I believe that wsgate source code is NOT
the root cause of wsgate server crash. Instead, based on my C++ software
development experience, I can make sure that the source code of EHS server
should be the root cause of wsgate server crash.

My conclusions can be implicitly confirmed by the following two facts:
(1) When EHS server was originally developed in 2000 and the development was
terminated in 2005. At that time, HTML5 is not yet the topic of mainstream
media.

Quote from Wiki of HTML5 "Although HTML5 has been well known among web
developers for years, it became the topic of mainstream media around April
2010".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5

We believe that the development team of original EHS server did not plan to
support HTML5 feature until the project was terminated in 2005.

(2) Fritz Elfert (the main contributor of the original Webconnect-FreeRDP
(wsgate)) started to work on EHS server in 2010.
To the best of my knowledge, the main work of Fritz Elfert is to make EHS
server support web-socket. I do NOT think that Fritz Elfert strongly enhance
the HTML5 feature of EHS server.

When I create a simple web server without HTML5 feature using EHS server, EHS
server works stably continuously.
However, I found that wsgate server crashes arbitrarily.

I believe that probably Fritz Elfert also recognized this unstable issue. After
making the last commit to EHS server in April 2013, Fritz Elfert moved forward
to another open-source project.

Unfortunately no any attemp has been made in FreeRDP-webconnect with other
embedded web servers, like Mongoose.

EHS server is much more complex than wsgate. We expect that a C++/Web server
expert can solve the unstable wsgate issue caused by EHS server by make some
modification of the C++ source code of EHS server.
The latest source code of EHS server can be downloaded from the following link.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ehs/files/CI/

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Winston Hong