Ben wrote:
Koen Martens wrote:
Ben wrote:
I have attached my build info, including a view of pkg_info.txt, which
shows that 51 packages appear to be added to the ISO but only 34
packages are listed in pkg_info.txt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben
Any updates on this? I just tried updating my sources and applying Koen
Marten's patch from this morning but still had problems with the proper
packages being added to the ISO.
Did you try the same thing I tried: sprinkle some echo statements
around in the pkginstall script. Start by catting input and output
of each of the three functions, to zoom in which function 'looses'
the package. Then you can put more detailled echo's and/or analyze
the code of the function that is the culprit.

Gr,

Koen
Thank you for the input. I finally had time to do as you said and had
some interesting results. The biggest concern that I am seeing is, in
the ISO, the file "/pkg_info.txt" lists 30 packages, including
glib-2.12.6 and png-1.2.12_1, as being installed. However "/var/db/pkg/"
shows 57 packages, including glib-2.12.7 and png-1.2.14, as being
installed. To try to fix this I ran a "portupgrade -af" followed by
"pkgdb -F" on my system and rebuild the ISO but still no luck. I can't
figure out why an old version of glib and png is being listed in
pkg_info.txt.

I also looked in "/usr/" on the ISO and that directory is empty which
doesn't seem right. All of the scripts that I'm running are from CVS and
the only modified file is "conf/packages" so I'm not sure why "/usr/"
isn't getting properly added.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Ben
Hey, I did a little more modifications of "scripts/pkginstall.sh" and figured out that LOGFILE is pointing at "/usr/obj/usr/home/freesbie2/.tmp_pkginstall". In fact, all of my ".done_" files aren't showing up in the directory I run "make iso" out of (/usr/home/freesbie2/) but they're all in "/usr/obj/usr/home/freesbie2/". This is odd because my build scripts are in "/usr/home/freesbie2" so I'm wondering if a variable is being improperly set but the only thing in "conf/freesbie.conf" that points ot "/usr/obj" is ISOPATH and IMGPATH and they both are pointing to files, not just the directory. The default "conf/freesbie.defaults.conf" has MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX but it's commented out, and still commented out in my freesbie.conf. It says "Be sure you know what you're doing, it is easy to introduce suble bugs." so could someone let me know if this would be something I should set?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ben