If you are using a recent dev version of tksurfer, then try the function:

save_tiff <filename>

If you enter this into the shell and it doesn't work, then you have an
older version. Our new release will have this function.

There is (finally) some documentation for scripting commands in
tksurfer, although it is for the newer dev version.

https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/TkSurferGuide_2fTkSurferScripting

--

Kevin Teich