Do you mean the matrix? You can get a freesurfer matrix with this:

cd subject/mri
tkregister2 --mov orig/001.mgz --s subject --regheader --reg reg.dat --noedit

this will produce reg.dat which  will be a text file with a registration matrix. Interpreting the matrix is another story. If you want to map to/from the native space, look at mri_vol2vol (which will use reg.dat). If you want to map to/from the surface, see mri_vol2surf.

doug

Frederick Klauschen wrote:
Could you tell me the transformation vector that is
used to convert a e.g.(181x217x181) array to a FS
(256^3) array.
I would like to backtransform from FS to native space.

Thanks,
Fred

--- Doug Greve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Which way do you want to go? Convert FS volumes back
into the native
space or the other way around?

To convert native space vols into FS, run something
like:

tkregister2 --s subjectname --mov mri/orig/001.mgz
--regheader --reg reg.dat

This will bring up both the conformed and nonconf
volumes, and there
should be an exact registration. Once you're
confidient of that, you can
add --noedit in which case it will simply produce
reg.dat without
bringing up the gui.

Then you can run

mri_vol2vol --mov anynativevolume --fstarg --o
anynativevolume.inconformedspace.mgz

The new volume will be in the conformed (orig.mgz)
space.

doug

Goldman, Aaron (NIH/NIMH) [C] wrote:

Hi, I have a few datasets I ran in freesurfer that

were originally in

181x217x181 format. As usual, these were converted

to 256^3 early in the

process. Basically, I'd like to run some comparison

stats between the

freesurfer volumes and the same subjects run in a

couple other programs

(that are still 181x217x181), and was wondering

what the best way would

be to reobtain an exact overlay between the two.

Thanks,

-Aaron-

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358
Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the
steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting

http://mail.yahoo.com