Hi Aaron,

this is probably due to the partial volume correction we do when computing the volumes. Basically we assume that each voxel is a linear combination of the tissue at that voxel and the next most likely label that neighbors that voxel. The weighting is computed as mixture weight for the local class mean for each class that explains the voxel intensity. Our internal studies show that this improves test-retest reliability and presumably also accuracy.

cheers,
Bruce