Hi Derin,

the aseg labeling of cortical gm is not that accurate - the surfaces are quiet a bit more so. We have a new tool for generating the estimate of the gm and wm volume from the surfaces called mris_volume and mris_wm_volume. I think Doug or Nick has integrated it into the dev version of recon-all.

cheers,
Bruce