Thanks Doug,

I am having some trouble downloading this but the tksurfer interface suffices for now.

I would still be interested in making a label from a volumetric projection as this is something I can foresee being useful for other things as well. Is there anyway to do this after a mri_vol2surf projection? I would want to set a threshold and have anything above that threshold be made into a label for that surface.

Cheers,

-Morgan

Doug Greve wrote:

I have a relatively new program that does this. Actually, it is an old program with a cryptic name (mri_cor2label). I've put a new (linux) version here:

ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/mri_cor2label

See the help.

I don't know why mri_mergelabels does not work. Is it possible that the tail command is platform dependent?

doug

Morgan Hough wrote:
Hi Bruce,

I have been using mri_vol2surf to project nifti volumes onto subject surfaces but I am not sure I understand how to then convert the ouput .mgh file into a label that can then be used to sample the surface measures of that subject. I have attached an image of one subject (con_2304_roi_lh_lat.tif) with one volumetric ROI projected to the surface. As you can see it contains perhaps three patches that I would like to treat as one label with which I could then use to sample the surface measures of the subject. Is this something I can do with mri_vol2surf?

If I draw three labels on that subjects' surface, how do you then merge those labels together to be able to sample from the combined area? I have tried mri_mergelabel but I get a tail error when I try this:

mri_mergelabels -i ./lh.it-sts.roi.label -i ./lh.it.roi.label -o lh.combo-it.label
tail: cannot open `+3' for reading: No such file or directory
tail: cannot open `+3' for reading: No such file or directory
Done

Cheers,

-Morgan

Bruce Fischl wrote:
Hi Morgan,

what format is your volume ROI in? I think Doug's mri_vol2surf will do this. If you have it in our label format file, then just loading it into tksurfer will work if all the vertex #s are -1 (it will sample it onto the surface)

Bruce