Cate,

There is a current dev distribution of freesurfer for the Intel Mac
here:

ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/fsdev/nicks/dev/macintel

Its the .dmg file, which you can drag and drop to your desktop, then
double-click to start the install GUI.

A new mri_glmfit is also in that dir if you just want that.

Nick