How is the volume of each cortical structure (and hemisphere) calculated?
It seems I remember from somewhere that it is the thickness x average
surface area of the tesselated triangles?  Is this right? What I'm most
interested in is how the cortical gray matter volume from
mris_anatomical_stats is calculated.  Is it the average thickness of the
whole hemisphere x surface area, or is by adding up the volumes of all the
parcellated structures from the atlas?  I remember reading about it
earlier, but couldn't find any info in the list archive or on the wiki.
Thanks.

-Derin