RMS is root-mean-square of the difference between the intensities of target volume and the indexed volume. The 10th is the vector motion of the center of rotation with respect to the target image (ie, before correction).

Brittany Cassidy wrote:

Hi all,

I'm analyzing some motion data and I had a two quick questions about the last two columns of the fmc.mcdat file. According to the wiki, the 9th column is RMS error after correction. Could someone shed some light on what RMS stands for and how it's useful? Also, the 10th column is the total vector motion in mm...is this total before or after motion correction?

Thanks in advance!
-Brittany

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358 Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting