To resample from ico4, use --srcsubject ico --srcicoorder 4

If you use nnf, some of the source vertices may not get sampled.  If you use
nnfr, you should get clusters of vertices for every ico4 vertex.  You should be
able to find the clusters and then pick the vertex with max intensity for each
cluster.  That set of max intensity vertices defines the mapping between ico 4
and the single subject.

If you do this, you can use the mgh format and then display directly on an ico4
surface.  Doug mentioned that you could somehow create a downsampled average
subject.

If you get this working, please let me know.