Hi Teddy,

1. Our newest versions don't use mri_total, but Avi Snyder's algorithm instead, which we have found to be more robust. You might try that, but althernatively you can use tkregister2 to fix the transform.

2. The wm.mgz won't contribute to the aseg.stats, only the aseg.mgz, so feel free to fix things in it. Note that it is essentially a binary volume with "on" (>5) meaning interior to the gray/white boundary and "off" (<5) meaning exterior. It's not [0,1] because we keep track of things that were manually changed to on or off.

cheers,
Bruce