Ryan,

Can you send me the output of:

ldd $FREESURFER_HOME/bin/qdec.bin

This error, and one seen by George He, who also is using Fedora release
8, tells me that the problem is related to Tcl/Tk on that platform.
Freesurfer includes a Tcl/Tk/Tix/BLT bundle in its distribution, so I
dont know why the platform Tcl/Tk would matter, but this is the only
common factor in these problems.

Nick