Hello All,

I want to create a binary mask volume for stg and tried the following
command

# mri_label2vol --label trial_labels/rh.superiortemporal.label --temp
/mnt/win/MRI_data/Trial_Runs/Freesurfer/1195/mri/brainmask.mgz --o
testmask.mgz

The label was created using mri_annotation2label

When I opened up this label in tkmedit, I could see that the cortical
regions of STG are in white and everything else is in black. My questions is
if it is possible to fill in the regions within this label: in other words
if I can also have the white matter that the label encompasses included in
the mask.

Also, is there a different method that is normally used for creating binary
masks?

Thanks,

Anil.