Hi Jamie,

it's impossible to judge surface accuracy from one slice. You need to move forwards and back a couple of slices to see if the surface is curving sharply out of plane.

Can you explain a bit more about what is unique about this volume? I didn't really understand from your email. Is it a single subject MRI? Or the average of some volumes processed using some nonlinear registration?

Bruce