Martin,

As lgi is read like a thickness file, the lgi values in your tabular output replaced the value where you had thickness before. So mean lgi is in column 4 (note that average lgi values per parcell are comprised between 1 and 5 if your lgi computation is ok). Standard deviation for lgi is in column 5. The other columns should not change if you run mris_anatomical_stats without the -t option (i.e on the thickness).

About your last point, the main difference between gyrification index as previously computed (e.g. Zilles 1988) and local gyrification index is indeed the increased spatial resolution: you get one lgi value per cortical vertex (i.e. >100'000 lgi values over the hemisphere). Thus, the lgi per parcell from mris_anatomical_stats is the average lgi over all vertices included in each cortical parcel. Does it make sense?

Marie