I've put the files back in that location (make_average_*). Run make_average_subject with --no-aseg. But I'm not sure this is the problem. It looks like it is failing when creating the average surface (the fix above is for the volume only). But give it a try. Also, remember to send the entire log file so we can better debug it.

doug

Jiefeng Jiang wrote:

Hi,
I was trying to build an average subject using 250 subjects and I got the following error message: processing subject nor76 (246 of 250) reading spherical surface /DATA_FREESURFER/Data/nor76/surf/rh.sphere.reg...
reading colortable from annotation file...
colortable with 35 entries read (originally /space/amaebi/26/users/buckner_cortical_atlas/scripts/colortable_final.txt)
curvature mean = -0.017, std = 0.597
curvature mean = -0.064, std = 0.640
ripping medial wall...
computing parameterization for surface /DATA_FREESURFER/Data/nor76/surf/rh.inflated.H...
ImageAlloc: could not allocate 512x256 buffer
curvature mean = -0.088, std = 0.872
Cannot allocate memory
I saw someone discussing this issue a few month ago and Doug provided new scripts of make_average_subject, make_average_volume and make_average_surface to solve this problem. However, I can't find these files using the link ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/transfer/outgoing/flat/greve/ Can anyone tell me whether and how this problem has been solved? Thanks in advance! Jiefeng Jiang

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone Number: 617-724-2358 Fax: 617-726-7422

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting