Hi Ian,

does this mess up the ?h.white or ?h.pial surfaces? Or the aseg.mgz? If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

cheers,
Bruce
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, Ian Malone wrote:

To illustrate the issue, this is a slice from one of the problematic volumes. The blue outlines surround non-zero voxels, the regions around the edges carry on parallel to those planes.

Ian

Ian Malone wrote:
It's not terrible; it can be worked around. But it does feel more like a bug than a feature, as these voxels are un-connected with any in the brain. It looks a bit like the edge of a bounding box.

Thanks,
Ian

Bruce Fischl wrote:
Hi Ian,

mri_watershed minimizes a risk functional in which we weigh the cost of leaving non-brain voxels to be much less than stripping true brain ones, so it does sometimes leave stuff around. Is this causing any problems?

Bruce