that is strange. Do the surfaces look ok? How many subjects are you averaging? Does this happen if you only average one or a few? On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Siddharth Srivastava wrote:

Hi everyone,
                  I am attaching a tiff file showing the tkmedit view of
the average
T1 that freesurfer created during make_average_subject. I am a bit concerned

about the cropping that is evident at the posterior aspect of the brain. The

individual T1's are complete and ok, so i am guessing that something went
wrong during the transform of the individual brain during the process. Can
anyone help me find out the problem ? The average surfaces also look all
right.
                 thanks,
                 sid.