Hi, I don't know it's related, but we've seen something similar when
rerunning recons initially processed in 4.05 in 4.1.0. Even though no
initial manual edits had been made to the aseg, a file called
aseg.maned.mgz (or something like that) was saved in the mri folder, and
the medial/ventrical surfaces looked very much like yours. Adding the
-clean-aseg flag to the recon-all command was the fix for us. Oddly,
rerunning subjects from 4.01/4.03 -> 4.1.0 did not produce the same error.

Lars