Hi,all

I am interested in only the positive sulc  and would like to make group
analysis of the postive sulc values. Hence I would like to mask off the
negative values (as the lh.sulc file has both positive and negative value).
Before making group analysis, I have to resample and smooth the sulc value. How
do I smooth the positive sulc in a way that the negative sulc values will not
have an effect on the smoothing process? Example if I smooth the positive
sulc directly with the negative values, it will have some effect on the
positive values since gyri and sulci are alternating.

If I set all the negative value to be 0 and leave the positive value unchanged,
it will also have an effect on the positive value, but to a less degree. Would
the latter method be a feasible and valid way to smooth the positive sulc or is
there better way for me to smooth the positive sulc and make a group analysis
of just the positive sulc values?

Thanks!

yuanchao