From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Bruce Fischl
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:36 PM
To: Falk Lüsebrink
Cc: freesur...@surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] mris_fix_topology

yes. The only time I've seen this error is when the surface file didn't
finish writing. You can load the defects with something like:

tksurfer -orig orig.nofix $subject $hemi inflated.nofix

then load the curvature file $hemi.defect_labels. You should be able to use
save point/goto point in tksurfer and tkmedit to figure out where each
vertex is in the wm.mgz volume and manually correct it (although this is an
acquired skill!).  You may need to specifiy -white orig.nofix as well,
although looking at the code I don't think you do.

cheers,
Bruce