Ritobrato,

The user doesnt have explicit control over where the surface boundaries
are drawn.  Rather, you just have to be very careful not to put a
control point in grey matter, or any thing partial-volumed.  I can't
quite tell from the resolution of the image you posted, but it appears
some of the point are in grey matter, which would mark that whole region
as white matter.

Nick