From: Doug Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
To: Asaf Kaftory <asaf_kaft...@yahoo.com>
Cc: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 7:42:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Freesurfer] optseq2 help: DPSD and jitter

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, Asaf Kaftory wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm new to optseq, and would like your help with the following issues:
> 1. What exactly does DPSD mean? and why does the TR has to be an integer of
> it?

Delta Post-Stimulus Delay. The time between samples in the
FIR. Usually, it is just the TR. If you want to do sub-TR estimation,
you can make it less than the TR. It has to be an integer divisor of
the TR because it forms the basic "tick" of the clock.

> 2. My experiment design uses jitter - both ITI (i.e., between
> trials) and ISI (i.e., between stimulus within a compound event). As i
> understood, optseq can only supply me with the ITI jitter but no the
> ISI jitter. is that right? do you happen to know a computerized method
> to introduce a jitter within a compound event?

That is right. Sorry, don't know of anything that will give you
with-in event jitter.

> 3. Is it true that jitter in optseq is made by inserting "NULLS",
> and that the DPSD determines the "steps" of the jitter (for e.g., if
> DPSD equals 1, Nullmin equals 2 and Nullmax equals 4, the NULL events
> will be 2 3 or 4). Did i understand it right?

Yes.

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center

In order to help us help you, please follow the steps in:
surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting