Hi all,
I am trying to examine the interaction of 2 factors (2 x 4 groups) and have
difficulties to find the right contrast matrix for mri_glmfit.

We have patients and controls at four different aquisition sites and want to
know if the changes (i.e. thickness) between patients and controls are equal
in every site.

so we have 8 groups:

patientssite1
patientssite2
patientssite3
patientssite4
controlssite1
controlssite2
controlssite3
controlssite4

the contrast for differences between patients and controls (T-Test) would
be:

1/4 1/4 1/4 1/4 -1/4 -1/4 -1/4 -1/4

the contrast to investigate if the observed measured value is equal in all
sites (F-Test) would be:

1/2 -1/2  0    0    1/2 -1/2  0     0
0     1/2 -1/2 0    0     1/2 -1/2  0
0     0    1/2 -1/2 0      0    1/2 -1/2

How would the contrast matrix look like if I want to test if there is an
overall interaction between site and diagnosis, i.e. does the effect of
diagnosis vary by site (F-Test)?

Many thanks,
Stefan

--