Thanks Doug,

I have two follow-up questions.

1. I am using QDEC and my discrete variables are: (a) TYPE
(PATIENTS/CONTROLS) and (b) GENDER
I include age as a continous co-variate and  then select all of the variable
before running the design.

I believe QDEC is generating the various possible contrast matrices and the
corresponding research question.

When I run QDEC, I see the following questions:

A. Does the average thickness, accounting for Gender differ between Patients
and Controls?
B. Does the thickness-age correlation, accounting for Gender differ between
Patients and Controls ? (I think this is looking at whether the slopes are
different for the two groups)

 I was wondering why I dont see a question like "Does the average thickness,
accounting for Gender *AND AGE* differ between Patients and Controls?"

2. It is likely I dont have a full understanding of the GLM theory. Could
you please suggest some good references describing the GLM theory ?
Thanks
Mehul

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Douglas N Greve <gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu