Thanks Doug,

Where can I find the surface annotation for the fsaverage (or any
other template) data?
I will need to import the data into matlab eventually, so I'm thinking
that the surface annotation file should be readable using load_mgh.m
(and writable using save_mgh.m). I'm very new to FreeSurfer so I'd
really appreciate if you can describe each step for me.

Thank you.

Joon