The data in aparc.stats contain surface area, gray matter volume, and
average thickness for whole regions, and are not intended for surface
display.  If you want to analyze those regional values use
'aparcstats2table' and then import the data into your preferred
statistical package for further analysis.  If you want a specifically
vertex-wise analysis then see the tutorial for using QDEC.

cheers,
-Mike H.