Ed, can you send the recon-all.log file? The underlying code for
mris_volume and the program that creates the stats file is identical.
This other program (mri_segstats) prints out the values for the volumes
inside the lh.pial, etc, and this will be captured by the recon-all.log
file.

doug

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center