Hi Aga, are you using nifti? If analyze, that could be the problem. Do
your functionals and anatomicals have a different sign to their
determinants (you can check with mri_info). In principle, reg-feat2anat
should handle this but in some cases it does not. The 5.1 version will
handle it properly. If they do have the same sign, then look through the
log file and find the flirt command. Run that command by itself (you may
need to run reg-feat2anat with --nocleanup to keep it from deleting the
files). If that fails, then contact the FSL people

doug

Agnieszka Burzynska wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am using the command reg-feat2anat to transform functional data
> pre-processed in FSL to the anatomical image in Freesurfer.
>
> As suggested, I check the registration with reg-feat2anat --feat
> run2.feat —manual.
>
> I have 3 runs of functional data for each subject. Surprisingly, some
> runs are registered well but others not (even of the same subject, so
> using the same reference anatomical images: see the attached image.
> Upper row: bad registration of one run and lower row: good
> registration of another run).
>
> I have no problem to manually correct the registrations, it works
> well, but as I have many subjects, I wonder if there may be a way to
> change some options of reg-feat2anat to make it work better? Can you
> see from the attached image what is the problem with my images? (I
> viewed the functional and anatomical data of a few subjects, some woth
> good and some with bad registration and see no difference or flip)
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
> Aga

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center