Dear Freesurfers,

I have noticed a slight incongruity between the coordinates outputted by
sig.cluster.summary and those in tksurfer.

For instance, in the .summary file one of my maxima (VtxMax=92221) has the
following "Tal" coordinates: -14.9, -62.2, 57.5.

Now, if I open the fsaverage with tksurfer, and I enter 92221 as my Vertex
Index, the Vertex Talairach coordinates are slightly different than those
reported by the .summary file (-14.89, -61.61, 57.01). Is this because the
Max in my significant cluster actually spans multiple adjacent vertices, and
therefore the coordinates provided by the .summary file represent an average
across those vertices?

As for the "MNI Talairach", my understanding is that these are from the
MNI305, right? If so, why the "Talairach" part of the name?

Thanks,

Marco

Marco L. Loggia, PhD

Postdoctoral Fellow, Mass General Hospital & Brigham and Women's Hospital

Harvard Medical School

CNY Building 120, suite 101E

Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129

Phone: (617) 643-7267