saad,

i dont have the information directly on-hand, but in your virtual box
configuration (independent of freesurfer) there should be an option to
map a USB drive into the linux virtual machine.  others have done this
successfully.  you'd have to google the help docs for your virtual box
to learn about this (or maybe someone on this list will respond).

n.