Thanks, first of all.

I tried with the following scripts, but ended up with an error.  I am
not sure which format or file is required for the --volreg.

#
mri_surf2surf --s FS --hemi lh --sval-nxyz pial --tval ./ttt.mgz
#
mri_surf2vol --surfval ttt.mgz --hemi lh --volreg mri/transforms/
talairach.xfm --outvol ooo.mgz --template mri/T1.mgz

gdiagno = -1
regio_read_register(): No such file or directory
Error reading inplaneres from mri/transforms/talairach.xfm

Thanks,
Seok

On Mar 9, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Douglas N Greve wrote:

> Try using mri_surf2surf with the --sval-nxyz. The output have 3-
> frame, one for each component in the normal. Then use mri_surf2vol
> to stuff this back into a volume.
>
> doug
>
> Seok Lew wrote:
>> Hello users,
>>
>> My colleagues and I are trying to create a gray matter electric
>> conduction model where a preferable conduction direction is
>> aligned  with the normal direction induced from the pial and white
>> surface  normals.
>>
>> Freesurfer reconstruction already gives pial and white matter
>> surface  normals and correspondences between them.  Now I want to
>> have the  freesurfer surface normals projected on the mri volumes
>> and  interpolated for gray matter voxels (regions between the pial
>> surface  and the white surface), such that each voxel of gray
>> matter can have a  normal direction.
>>
>> Is it possible to do the job with freesurfer scripts ?  If so,
>> what  scripts might work for this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Seok
>>

> --
> Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
> MGH-NMR Center
> gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> Phone Number: 617-724-2358 Fax: 617-726-7422
>
> Bugs: surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/BugReporting
> FileDrop: www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/facility/filedrop/index.html

Seok Lew, Ph.D.
MEG Core Laboratory
Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School

s...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu